Thursday 23 May 2013

PLACES<PEOPLE<FILM>FASHION.........

THIS WEEKS STYLE LIST

PLACE

Another busy week in the world of style let me share with you some stylish secrets to immerse yourself in to live a more beautiful life.
WolfgangPuck


In keeping with the current flavour of 1920's when invited to lunch this week I suggested a revisit to a favourite restaurant of mine the Dorchester owned 45 Park Lane. Wolfgang Pucks Art deco influenced dining experience. This is style at its height , the decor is breathtaking. The sumptuous bar is upstairs with a great cocktail list. I had a 'Somebody to Love me" Vodka,( St Germain,lychee,lime).Lunch £29 for two courses once you have tasted the wagyu beef burger there is no going back to McDonalds. (somewhere I have never been !!) You can also stay here they have a package (A Cut Above) Dinner for two , a superior room and breakfast for approx £500.
FILM
Leo and gang
If you have not seen it yet trot along to see THE GREAT GATSBY. Do not be put off by the critics poor reviews this extravagant film was amazing Baz Luhrmann styled the film in a way that only he could do. F Scott Fitzgeralds novel was  a delicately written story but Baz brought it to life in glorious cinematic technicolour while telling a fabulous story. It will start a trend for all things twenties (see above).Stunning film

PEOPLE
Down the pub with Nigel
Mmmm Politics and style do they mix?? They do now with the man of the moment Mr NIGEL FARAGE, Leader of UKIP. He must be stylish as Tatler featured a three page article to him last month. Billed as the most exciting man in current British Politics (I know , not difficult). But here is a politician  that tells it how it is, anti establishment. A heroic figure trying to save Britain from the tyranny of Europe. I have met Nigel  ok yes in a pub and never in my lifetime have I witnessed a more popular politician the public are hugging and kissing him (and thats just the men) even the babies shake his hand !! Go Nigel !! 
SHOES
My shoe heaven
Everyone who knows me know that I never had that shoe addiction that seems to infect every other woman I know. I don't buy that many so this week girls I actually bought a pair of shoes although for Royal Ascot. As true stylists only buy items they actually need !! But these are they >>> DUNE £85 pretty spectacular don't you think ??
FASHION
The Summertime blues have definitely arrived. No not because of the rain and terrible weather. Girlfriend, I am talking fashion I am loving all the beautiful shades of blue from palest aqua to brightest Cobalt. From the designer collections a la Gucci and Burberry right down to the High Street. Everywhere is rocking the blues.  Monsoon ,
Monsoon
Oasis and Coast have plenty of blue hues. Find one to suit you it is the colour of Summer 13. Check out these blues.
Gucci
Burberry


Dip dye blues like
this Burberry on the left make the look even more on trend. Blue is the colour-fashion is the game ! Work it sisters.



Well thats all Stylistas for this week but plenty of style fixes here for you to be going on with. So hope you all help me in making our world a more beautiful place. See you all next time XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX





No comments:

Post a Comment