Sunday 24 February 2013


LONDON FASHION WEEK A/W 13 REPORT

IN STYLE .........OR RUN A MILE

In Style

Following on from last weeks blog I continued my search for a Fashion Collection with Style rather than fashion. Beauty rather than ugly. So here are my winners and losers girlfriends.

Burberry Prorsum
 My favourite show of the week has to be without a doubt BURBERRY PRORSUM. Super stylish. Expensive chic. Lots of camel and red. No ghastly ugly garish prints. Simple clean classic cut. A lot of just below knee a big look for hemlines I predict next Autumn.
Burberry Prorsum
Christopher Bailey has overall control at Burberry now with full responsibility for design. Well done Christopher, perfection
Issa London
ISSA LONDON another impressive collection. The theme running through this collection was NAVAJO INDIAN which actually was seen in many shows. A definite trend for Autumn. However it showed itself in a more sexy yet classy easy with ISSA. Danielle Helayal 's influence, a sexy Brazilian is all over this collection. It was stylish, wearable with fluidity. With a nice sprinkling of bright well chosen colours.



SHOEWATCH:
Check out the amazing High heeled loafers at MULBERRY. Big news for Autumn

RUN A MILE..................
Tom Ford
Well I am very embarrassed after gushing last week how much I was looking forward to the Stylemaster TOM FORDs collection. Well OMG what a let down. Tom ??? What happened? This was UGGGGLY. What can I say > Check out stylistas this photograph to give you an idea. Ugly prints , over textualized, fussy . Unflattering boxy shapeless cuts. I was relying on you Tom. Maybe you should stick to designing for men.

MARIA GRACHVOGEL in my opinion failed too with this dismal collection. Normally women design well for other women. Not in this case. AND the choice of print was like a migraine. Here is a photograph to give you an idea as to the choice of colours revolting and uninspirational. The outfits were very depressing and did not celebrate women or style whatsoever.



Well Style pussycats its all over for six months but hey let me know what you think................ or if you feel there was a collection that deserves a mention that I didn't get to see.  SEE YOU NEXT WEEK . LOADS TO TELL XX




No comments:

Post a Comment